So how you know which conveyancing solicitor to choose? So many firms out there offering cheap conveyancing, expert conveyancing advice, fast completion ... the list is endless!
At the end of all of that, the most important thing is What do you want from your conveyancing solicitor?
Which Conveyancing Solicitor? Choose a Solicitor Online NOW
Using our conveyancing fees calculator below, we can help you save time and money by comparing conveyancing solicitors prices and fees, instantly online! Our conveyancing comparison system is a money saving expert. Simply enter a few details about your sale, purchase or remortgage below and within 3 simple steps, you will receive instant quotes on screen for you to compare.
Which Conveyancing Solicitor to Choose and What's Important to YOU
Quite simple you need to weigh up what is the most important thing for you when finding a conveyancing solicitor to handle your property purchase, sale or remortage. Trying to find the conveyancing firm that suits your needs takes industry knowledge and advice. It's very important to look at all of the options and take your time before making a decision. DO NOT be pressured into choosing a solicitor by your estate agent, mortgage brokers, financial adviser or anybody! You do not have to use the recommendation of your estate agent or anyone, it's your decision and you have to look at the advantages and disadvantages being presented by each firm and conveyancing quotes that you have ontained.
Basic things to look for when choosing Which Conveyancing Solicitor to use
We feel it's very important to make sure that when you are looking to compare conveyancing quotes, that you are actually comparing like for like. Here's a couple of things that are a MUST:
Legitimate and Regulated Solicitors or Licensed Conveyancers
Make sure that any firm of solicitors or licensed conveyancers are legitimate and fully regulated. Solicitors should be fully regulated by the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) and any licensed conveyancer should be fully regulated by the CLC (Council for Licensed Conveyancers).
Top Tip! - If you have the name of your solicitor or the SRA number of your solicitor, you can validate their credentials using the Law Society's Find a Solicitor tool online
Fixed Fee Conveyancing Quote
Make sure every conveyancing quote that you have received and you are considering, is a Fixed Fee Conveyancing Quote. This will help you when budgeting for moving home, but also ensures that you know exactly what you are paying for your conveyancing fees and you will have no hidden fees or nasty surprises further into your conveyancing transaction.
Now what's the important extras YOU are looking for when choosing Which Conveyancing Solicitor to use
- Price - Price is usually one of the main factors when looking at which conveyancer to instruct. There is no right or worng price. If a price looks too good, quite often it is. Make sure everything is included for the price, it's a fixed fee and there are no hidden extras.
- Feedback & Reviews - Take a look at the feedback online for a particular firm. Look at other people's reviews and experiences of using this company for their conveyancing. Again, try to be impartial and balance the price being offered against the reviews and feedback from others.
- Communication - Send an email or arrange a call to discuss your quote with a potential firm. This will test out their reponsiveness to customer queries and allows you to see how they operate in their office. Are they a call centre? Are they a small personal firm? Again no right or wrong, just whichever you prefer.
- Location - Let's just set the record straight now .... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE A SOLICITOR OR CONVEYANCER LOCAL TO YOU OR WHERE YOU ARE BUYING ... Those days are now gone and you can instruct any firm in England or Wales to handle your resdential conveyancing for you. Most checks, searches and communication is handled online and via post. You do not need to attend an office or meet your conveyancer.
- Speed & Efficiency - Some chains or new build property developers will demand a speedy exchange of contracts. Some even within 28 days. Is this something that the conveyancers you are considering, offer?
- Estate Agent Recommended Solicitor - Again one for the record here, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE SOLICITOR OR FIRM RECOMMENDED BY YOUR ESTATE AGENT. There is usually a reason behind your estate agent's recommendation, be that for financial gain, control of the chain or anything to benefit them. Commissions are high referral fees are often involved, so check the quote provided or let us check it for you if you are not sure. You are free to select which conveyancing solicitor you would like to represent you, not your estate agent!
Above all, you have to be happy with which conveyancer you choose to handle your case. Consider the options, take your time and then make an informed decision on Which Conveyancing is right for YOU!
Looking for Conveyancing Advice?
Feel free to give us a call ...
Or visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
Our Conveyancing Quotes
Conveyancing Calculator offers YOU choice and allows you to make an informed decision. You can compare conveyancing fees and costs from countrywide solicitors and conveyancers throughout England and Wales.
Conveyancing Calculator offers ...
- Fixed Fee Quotes from Property Lawyers
- Clear and Honest Pricing - 100% Transparent
- All Inclusive Quotes - Full Disbursements
- Conveyancing Direct - Direct contact with your Conveyancer
- Nationwide Coverage
- Fully SRA Regulated Solicitors and CLC Licensed Conveyancers
- Premier Conveyancing Service
- Homebuyer Conveyancing Quotes Calculator
- Compare online - Save time and money!
- First Time Buyer Conveyancing Solicitor Quotes
- Genuine Rated & Reviewed Property Solicitors
- Solicitors and Conveyancers local to YOU